Roof Ventilation and Roof Vents
Roof ventilation is an easy and cost effective way to reduce temperature build up and the impact of moisture in your roof space.
We offer a huge range of natural and powered ventilation solutions to help improve your comfort and reduce your cooling energy costs.
A powerful, power driven ventilator that continuously and reliably improves the comfort and health of your home all year round.
Roof mounted, powered ventilator with bush fire rating up to BAL-40. Removal of roof space heat and the management of moisture and damaging condensation.
SolarXVENT is a high efficiency roof ventilator that helps reduce temperature and humidity in the roof cavity. When exposed to sun light a powerful fan activates to exhaust heat and humidity.
A wind driven, roof mounted, aluminium ventilator designed to exhaust heat & moisture from the roof space of a home, without the use of electrical energy.
A wind driven, roof mounted, quality polymer based ventilator to exhaust heat & moisture from the roof space of a home.
A wind powered ventilator with a clear acrylic head designed to both exhaust heat and moisture, and provide natural light to the roof space and storage areas.
A compact, impact resistant, wind driven ventilator for a range of vehicles such as vans, trailers, caravans and boats.
A roof mounted, wind driven turbine ventilator, ideal for ventilating small areas where the removal of moisture laden air is required.
A low-profile static roof ventilator that allows nominal ventilation of hot or moist air from the roof space, without the need of wind or power assistance.
A BAL rated, low-profile static roof ventilator that allows nominal ventilation of hot or moist air from the roof space, without the need of wind or power assistance.
Controllable ventilation of the air within living areas. The grille can be opened to allow heat into the roof space, or it can be closed to retain warmth.
If you are thinking about installing roof ventilation, review the information below to find out how roof ventilation works, why you need it, its benefits, and the different options available to you.
How does roof ventilation work?
Hot air rises, but if it can’t escape from your roof cavity it will make your home unnecessarily warm. Roof ventilation provides a means for hot air and moisture to escape your roof cavity, and replaces it with cooler, drier air.
Why do roofs need ventilation?
During the cooler, wetter seasons, moist air gets trapped in your roof space. That moisture build-up can cause condensation and lead to issues with mould and mildew - not just in your roof space, but also in your living spaces too, which can be extremely difficult to remove.
The hot Australian summer can also impact your home’s climate. Without proper ventilation, your roof space can become extremely hot (up to 70°C), and that extreme heat can radiate down into your living spaces. This heat also makes air-conditioning much less efficient because it has to work much harder to push cool air into and around your warmed-up rooms.
Proper roof ventilation will keep your roof cavity nice and cool by forcing out the unwanted hot air and introducing cool, dry air. This will reduce your family’s need to have the air conditioner running all summer long, which will save you money on your energy costs.
What are the benefits?
- Energy-efficient - helps reduce the load on air conditioning.
- Reduces temperature build up in your roof space.
- Prevents mould and moisture build-up in cooler months.
- Reduces cooling and heating costs.
- Improves air quality by replacing stale and polluted air inside your roof cavity with outside air.
- Increase your roof's lifespan.
- Quiet operation.
- Cost-effective to buy and install.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Options include electric-powering, sensor operation and the ability to let in natural light.
What are the different roof ventilation types?
You have three main options depending on your needs:
- Powered ventilators: These mains-connected or solar-powered extractors provide continuous, powerful and effective ventilation, with variable and fixed-speed options to suit your location and needs.
- Wind-driven ventilators: With no energy consumption, these roof-mounted turbines provide effective ventilation in even the lowest wind speeds. Extremely economical and easy to install.
- Static vents: Allows nominal ventilation of hot or moist air from the roof space without the need of wind or power assistance, and is ideally suited for wet areas of your home such as bathroom, kitchen and laundry.
Contact our roof ventilation experts today to discuss which of our products would be best suited for your home. You can reach us by calling 1300 858 674 or filling out an enquiry form.